Unit 13 and 14 A Doll's House Run Through - 08.02.23

 Film of run-through:


An analysis of my progress in the 'A Doll's House' dance


Strengths:

1. Discipline - I remembered the sequence and remained focused, I was always ready for each section and knew where I was meant to be. 

2. Physical strength and stamina - I do lots of lifting in this piece which requires strength and focus but I don't get tired or sloppy as the dance goes on. I manage to keep the same strength throughout the whole piece and also don't become too breathless by the end. 


Areas for Development:

1. Emotion - As I am focused on correctly doing the moves and counting the counts, I seem quite stiff and tense. I want to relax and feel the music more so I am able to convey emotion and tell the story. To help with this I can also work on incorporating facial expressions. 

2. Fluidity - When I watch myself each section is very clearly divided and I pause slightly between each one, so to make my movement and storytelling more effective I want to try to flow between each section more and make them connect.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Future Development Plan

Unit 13 and 14 - Contemporary Workshop with Danielle Gardner from "The Garage" Norwich - 11th January 2023