Self Assessment of Performance of Jazz Sequence - 14th December 2022

Strengths: I think my strengths in this performance were my rhythm, timing and movement memory, I'm also proud that I was disciplined and focused enough to do the whole dance without stopping.

This part is where I think my rhythm and musicality is strongest, and where I was most "feeling the music".



I was very nervous but I remembered all of the movements and did them in a way that felt natural and connected with the music. I really focused and immersed myself into the dance. Im also very happy with my balance as before it was something I struggled with but I feel that in this dance I engaged my core and was more in control of my body. 
I am also impressed with my stamina as my movements didn't weaken or get sloppier as the dance went on, and in terms of technique I was happy with my contraction and salmon roll.
I feel as though I made it my own as I was certain of the moves but also adapted them to suit my strengths.

Areas for Development: My main weaknesses were my expression and focus, my jazz technique and dynamics.

Because I was so nervous my facial expression was completely blank and my focus shifted to the floor which enhanced and highlighted how unsure I felt, in the future I should work on really connecting to the dance and trying to forget the outside world. I was also holding back due to nerves therefore my dynamics were not very strong. I think in the future I need to elongate and finish each move confidently, such as straightening and elongating my arms (which were loose and floppy). My alignment isn't correct so afterwards I felt pain in my wrist and knee - I need to work on correct and safe alignment. My strength needs developing, particularly in the American split sections as I quite harshly hit the floor rather than gradually controlling my descent with my core.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Future Development Plan

Unit 13 and 14 - Contemporary Workshop with Danielle Gardner from "The Garage" Norwich - 11th January 2023